Magazine St. Firehouse
This adaptive re-use project is anchored by a 6,000 gsf, two-story building which originally served as a firehouse from 1891 to 1923. The project also included the renovation of the 4,400 gsf side annex and and 1,800 gsf rear annex. The intricate brickwork and double-hung windows of the firehouse were restored to original condition with the interior being re-purposed for retail and office. The side annex was restored to its historic configuration with exposed steel lintels and butt glazing in the fenestrations.
This project was designed in conformance with National Park Service Guidelines earning Historic Tax Credits.